Thursday, September 24, 2009

Reflection

When it comes to reading, growing up, no one ever really ever brought it up to me. Going through school I would read here and there, however it was never a great hobby of mine. During fifth grade my teacher encouraged me to read, so I read a couple books, and eventually got tired of reading and took a long break. When in high school, I never read the books assigned, and just didn’t enjoy it at all. I remember I started the book “A child called it”, and I got really far, but never got to actually finishing it. The summer of 2009 is when I got very close to my friend named Hayley. I watched as she read really lengthy books, such as all the Harry Potter books, and the Twilight books. Watching her excitement and love for reading has really inspired me and now I am trying to get back on track and get into reading a lot more then I did in the past. Usually I never read the class books assigned, however I have been reading the class assigned book “Funny in Farsi”, and have really been enjoying it, seeing to as I can relate to the girl, Firoozeh, a lot. Also a lot of her family customs are very similar to mine, which makes me understand all the obstacles she goes through. Once I complete this book, I do intend on picking a book of my choice, and reading it. When it comes to reading, I think my best friend, Hayley, is to thank, for showing me all I have been missing out on.

3 comments:

  1. If you tried making reading you hobby to would enjoy conversation about the knowledge you've gain.
    I read you say books bored you try reading books with information about bettering the world.
    Funny and Farsi is enjoyable because you enjoy reading and that's good.
    Good to know your not alone and can relate with Firoozeh.
    Having friends keeps your mind thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way how you started to get interested on reading. You are lucky to have a friend like that to inspire you to read. How did she inspire you to read? Did she suggest you any other good books?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can really relate to everything you said. I was the same exact way with reading. No one really pushed me to read at all only my teachers but i didnt really listen. In high school i never eer read the reading assignments because i never found time to pick the book up and read it. The only book i was really interseted in was "A Child Called It" i actually went out and bought that book and fell in love with it. I sugggest you finish it.

    ReplyDelete